17 October, 2009

Labor of love

Generally, I'm afraid my creativity ends at the kitchen.. but in the last few years, I've become more and more interested in expanding my capabilities concerning food. The more I read about it, the more concerned I become about where our food comes from and how it grows. This year, we joined a CSA, which has been wonderful, if not slightly guilt inducing. When we make some delicious meal from all of our locally grown produce, it not only tastes better, but it feels better too. Unfortunately, the guilt kicks in a week later when I have to throw out an entire bag of something that we just didn't get around to using. This last delivery, we were smart and promptly made a stew out of our bounty. We're learning... Anyway, I'm rambling. The point is that this morning I woke up and decided to bake scones! Though it took me a batch or 2 to figure out the right oven setting in order for them not to brown so quickly (our over is so small that I think it needs to be about 15 degree's cooler than what the recipe calls for), the end product was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself :)

2 comments:

  1. yummmmm.......they look amazing!!! share the recipe for the savory goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's actually from Design Sponge http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/10/in-the-kitchen-with-emma-bowen-of-dulcinaea-baking.html
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete